Sunday 17 January 2016

Outfit: Cape and Leopard Print

"I really want a cape for Christmas?"
"Why would you want a cake?"
"It's so nice and limited edition!"
"What's a limited edition cake?"
"Nooo, a CAPE from River Island!"
"Like with string around your neck?"

The perks of loving both fashion and a boy who doesn't know the difference between a heel and a wedge, a skirt and a skort and a super hero cape to one of the biggest trends this winter. Regardless, I got my wish and tearing at the paper on Christmas day, I revealed the mismatched patchwork pattern and fur trim-oh, Saint Nick you know me so well. 

Whilst my wardrobe consists of the bog standard, popular, statement pieces, I'm also drawn to the slightly obscure, 'friends only tell you they like it because they have to' kind of pieces. Hanging, central on the display, the gorgeous cape literally shouted, "Mollie you need to try me on!" and within seconds, I was wrapped up, stroking the faux fur already allocating it to different outfits from my wardrobe.
Now it is in the sale for £35.00 and with the weather turning that extra bit colder, I highly recommend.



I couldn't resist teaming together an outfit made up of some of my new favourite pieces. I'm not your usual leopard print girl but I fell in love with this gorgeous Topshop crop top, the moment I saw it. Don't get me wrong, it clearly is leopard print but due to the toned down base colour it isn't so in your face. It has a slight high neck (of course)! Teamed with this gorgeous Topshop denim dress that has two pockets on the front and a low back. It is such a brilliant item to have because it can be worn all year round. I love the shade and overall fit.
Of course I couldn't break conventions with my footwear. All welcome another pair of black boots to my wardrobe. I would like to take this moment to justify them: they're suede...simple as. The thing is, you can never have too many pairs of black boots, they go with everything! To complete the look, I accessorized with this gorgeous, three layer dreamcatcher necklace and lovely John Rocha box bag.





Another blog done in my favourite location. It is normally so peaceful and quiet, as though the whole ground is my own personal studio. However on this fine, cold wintry morning I felt slightly over dressed and under-dressed at the same time as I passed numerous people, clearly out for their mid morning walk. Over dressed in the sense, I was wearing heeled boots, strolling in my cape and swinging a handbag in my stride, walking past appropriately dressed people in wellies, hats and gloves. As I carefully placed my feet through the mud, I realised why wellies were a good idea. Under dressed in the sense people looked cold but cosy, I looked uncomfortably cold. My hands bright red to match my nose and abnormally rosy cheeks. Shivering back to the car, it made me think, the outdoors just really isn't for me. Not in the summer, not in the winter, not in the autumn and not in the spring...

Mollie Isabella.

Cape- River Island Was £65 Now £35
Leopard Print Top- Topshop £20
Denim Dress- Topshop £35
Black Boots- New Look £24.99
Dream Catcher Necklace- New Look £7.99
John Rocha Handbag- Debenhams Price Unknown








No comments:

Post a Comment