Sunday 7 February 2016

Item of the Month: January 2016


Item of the Month: January 2016 (I'm a week late, shhh!) Kate Moss: Shade 48 Brown Lipstick

I absolutely love flicking through the pages of fashion magazines, absorbing the different styles and trends our high street stores will soon be blessed with. I gaze in awe at how the new pieces are being styled, taking inspiration and trying to adapt the new looks to fit my wardrobe. I'm usually one to flick the entire make-up section without even having a glance because 1) I refuse to pay the prices (I mean come on £40 for moisturizer?) and 2) I am not blessed with the talent to create the looks.

However, a range of magazines were covering the same look: the 90's brown lip, one I had never considered. It is a colour, that confused me- can pale skin people get away with it? What hair type does it go with? I don't dress like I'm in the 90's so will it work? I wanted to find a drugstore alternative to all the designer, luscious browns slapped across the magazine pages. 

After searching endlessly, and creating a wonderful patchwork of swabs on my hand, the whole thing just became slightly overwhelming. I mean, I didn't have many to choose from but some had a shimmer, some were a light brown, others near black. In the end I went for the Kate Moss: Shade 48 and I shall never turn back. Not only is is a gorgeous shade of brown that compliments my skin tone but it glides on perfectly and doesn't dry out your lips. With it being under a fiver, who could say no? 





Whilst it went well with my light ginger hair, now that I am a brunette again, I am even more pleased with the results. I can fully understand why it was such a big trend in the 90's and am ever so grateful that it has made it's return. I fully recommend that you try this colour and even if it isn't a shade you would normally go for, I think you will be swayed.

By night, team with a full black outfit for a deep, chic look. It compliments black well, creating a more mysterious element to your makeup. 

By day, wear with denim and a cute slogan tee. It makes the outfit look more mature and sophisticated whilst still having a playful feel.

It is my Item of the Month for many reasons and it doesn't break the bank. I seriously recommend you try this as you will not be disappointed. 

Well there you go, my first Item of the Month post. Whilst it was tricky to choose the item, I think this is a worthy winner. Thank you for reading!

Mollie Isabella 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment