Thursday 28 January 2016

Things I should be good at ...but I'm not

Are you sure that as the years go on, time doesn't half? Like really, are there still 60 minutes to an hour and 24 hours to a day? Because in reality, we are about to complete the first month of the year and I haven't achieved half of what I had hoped. Whilst I could pin this down to my lazy attitude and my want to be doing something 'social' whenever I can, I simply blame the concept of time.

If I wasn't so particular about pictures in my blog, I would almost update it daily. However due to my desire to pose in pretty locations, my blog posts are always put on hold- mainly because of the weather but also because I need to make sure that me and my photographer (shout out to my Dad) need to be free at the same time, which isn't always easy!

So coming soon is a new feature on my blog: Purchase of the month but it has been placed on hold due to a lack of images. Instead I have rustled up a quick blog, more on a lifestyle basis that looks at the 10 life things, I should really be good at... but I'm not. 

1. Cutting in a straight line- being a teaching assistant this is highly embarrassing.

2
. Getting toothpaste out of the tube- If the tube isn't at least 3/4's full I battle a daily struggle. I just don't understand, this should be simple and easy!

3. Putting my hair into a GOOD ponytail- I envy the girls that rock a full looking, not much effort put in, but still placed perfectly, ponytail. Please someone teach me, my morning routine could be so much quicker!

4. Eating fruit- I try, I really do but I just don't find it that pleasing.

5. Wearing matching socks- (unless I'm in my brothers trainer socks) One will feature a zoo animal and the other a Christmas character- Hey life's too short to waste time matching socks.

6. Opening envelopes- Someone please tell me the knack behind opening envelopes.

7. Finding an empty seat on a bus- It's such a panic situation, whatever time of day. The worst part is, when the bus driver can't wait for you to sit down, so sets off, causing you to do that embarrassing little stumble. *Tuck hair behind ears and slide onto seat, place in headphones and shut out the world*.

8. Painting my nails- I used to just have issues with painting my right hand, however with age my nail painting skills have crumbled. I'm impatient, unsteady and clearly not cut out for this skill.

9. Getting out of bed after I've had a shower- The best feeling is getting back into bed after a shower and getting all snuggly while you 'naturally' dry. However finding the energy to then get up and ready is near impossible.

10. Removing empty cups from my room- *sigh* I know the pile of mismatched cups is extremely unattractive but the effort it takes to remove them is worse.

The list can go on and on...

But there you have it a little bit more about the person behind this blog! Not exactly the usual post but coming up next will be My Purchase of the Month, so back to my favourite writing topic-fashion!

Thanks for reading, 

Mollie Isabella 

xx







No comments:

Post a Comment