Friday 1 January 2016

Fashion and Beauty Lessons: 2015

On the 31st December each year, we reflect on the past 364 days and whether we crammed as much in the year as we hoped and try to remember the New Year’s resolutions we made and broke in week one. 2015 was definitely a roller coaster to say the least and has opened my eyes, with numerous lessons being learnt about life and myself. I went from planning my entire life, to having no plan at all in three months. I have been brave, I have been heartbroken and I have been lost. However I have been so proud, so happy and so loved.

One thing I want to reflect on, is what I have learnt in 2015 based on fashion and beauty. To say the least, I have made many fashion mistakes in my time and I probably still make them today. I seem to get drawn to ugly items of clothing, well unique is good right? Gone are the days where I wore spotty tights, clashing with a heart printed over size cardigan matched with ankle socks and grey pumps. Thank you lord.

Below are some lessons I learnt this year- accompanied by previous blogging pictures:


1: Red lips are literally suitable for all occasions, come rain or shine. Paired with a floral print in the summer or an entirely black outfit in the winter, it gives a different feel but works every time. L’Oreal Blake is my all-time favourite red shade! 

 2: Be bold and take risks, whether it be with your clothing, your hair or makeup. People tend to take note when you make a more drastic change and come on let’s face it, we all love a compliment. This year I embraced a new hair colour, whilst returning to my ‘I don’t care what you think about my outfit’ attitude.


3: Buy staple, sensible items that will fit into your wardrobe. I throw out so many clothes and it has taken me to the age of 19 to realise that really it is down to my bad shopping habits. Instead of buying those bright pink shoes I could wear to one occasion, why not buy the black ones that can be worn all the time. All hail the leather skirt that I wear all year round. This is my second version of the same skirt!



4: A strong, sturdy, reasonable sized handbag is worth so much more than that little bag that can only fit your purse and phone in. No girl should ever have to choose between her lipstick and inhaler. 

5:Winged eye-liner is not a talent that can be learnt. You’re either born with the skill or you’re not. I am unfortunately not blessed with this talent and have to battle daily in a hope to leave the house on time with an okay, semi presentable flick. If there are tips out there, please share?

6:All black everything with the exception of white for my favourite trend of monochrome. It is effortless and so easy to wear. In my young teenage years I could never understand why my mum wore full black outfits outside of a funeral, now I am on the all black everything/monochrome bandwagon and I refuse to get off, until it reaches above 30 degrees! 


7:Simple jewellery still says a lot. I used to be one for big statement necklaces, dangly earrings and junk jewellery rings but in the year of 2015 I gained the lazy attitude and decided that I couldn’t be bothered wasting my time picking out the items to match my outfit. Instead I opted for a more simplistic look, of my every day Pandora rings and my Lucky Little Acorn Necklace which complement each outfit perfectly.

This year I shall make no new years resolutions because I know I won't stick to them. Whilst eating healthily and exercising more will be extremely beneficial, I refuse to count calories and say no to a brownie. For the first time ever I have no plan for the year ahead. Nothing is set in stone, instead I am on a free journey, waiting to see what life brings me. So here is to 2016, a year of no plans, just an undecided journey. 

Thanks for reading, 

Mollie Isabella 

xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment