Saturday 21 June 2014

Make a statement

Nothing completes an outfit quite like a good bit of jewellery can. I'm a sucker for a chunky necklace but once I have found one I love, I wear it until it can no longer be worn. It’s time that my necklace collection is brought to life and has a bit of a revamp. It is vital that you get the necklace correct though. For starters it needs to be comfortable. You don’t want to buy something that will itch, prod or cause any unwanted ‘trauma’. You need to make sure the necklace won’t snag clothing (sigh, I hate it when that happens). You need to make sure that it will go with more than one item to ensure you’ll get your wear out of. Finally make sure it is sturdy. Don’t you just hate it when a clasp magically breaks and causes the necklace to plummet to the floor?

I wanted a statement necklace that would get compliments, a necklace that would make an outfit complete, a pretty, gorgeous, sparkly, girly necklace. After searching endlessly in all my ‘favourite’ high street stores I was beginning to give up hope. All of the necklaces were either too chunky, too minimal, the wrong colour or there was something I didn't quite like about it (trust me when it comes to spending my money I'm very picky). Then out of nowhere I entered the shop Wallis, a shop that I don’t tend to go in often. My eyes lit up. I was like a child in a candy store. I was greeted with a stand of the most beautiful statement necklaces EVER (maybe a little over exaggerated but the best I've seen on my travels). As my eyes gazed over the sparkly diamonds and candy colours my daydream came to a halt-Urgh, how much are these going to cost? My eyes reluctantly found the price tag. 

“Oh, ho, ho, it’s magic you know” played in my head.

They ranged between £15 and £25. I rubbed my eyes to check I wasn't seeing things (I didn't really but you must be getting my excitement and shock right?)]

I know I started this post with wanting one necklace but I couldn't resist. Below are three gorgeous purchases I made (with the bonus of 30% off due to a promotion-thanks Wallis).




Here is the first necklace which is a mixture of both cobalt blue and clear diamond embellishments on a small silver chain. I was originally drawn to it due to its vibrant colour but have grown to love it more since I've been wearing it. It sits perfectly around the neck and would look lovely as a collar on a simple black dress. It’s lightweight and goes with more than I thought. The 3D design causes this necklace to stand out and at only £16.50 it is a serious must have. It also comes in pale yellow which I think I might have to purchase. 



 

This is my favourite out of the three and oh my, it is stunning. It is a lot chunkier and longer but seriously it finishes an outfit instantly. With a combination of pastel colours and different gems the necklace is perfect for the summer season. Hanging on a thick gold chain, it definitely supports my sturdy test. Surprisingly it doesn't weigh a lot. When wearing this necklace I paired it with a simple outfit because it takes away the attention from everything else. This is definitely a statement necklace I recommend you purchase. This stunning floral pastel statement necklace comes in at £20 and I literally can’t believe how cheap it was for such a massive stand out piece. 



Here is the final necklace which charmed me due to its vibrant colour and subtle circular shapes. The bright orange stands out against all my clothing and the diamanté detailing causes it to dazzle in the light. This necklace is on a thin gold chain and hangs perfectly round the neck, complimenting the neckline of all my clothing. The circular shapes cause it to appear daintier and in all honesty it hardly weighs anything. It’s simple, pretty and vibrant -perfect for my summer wardrobe and to complete an outfit within an instant. It comes in at just £18.50 and also comes in a gorgeous more subtle yellow and white version. 



Make a statement this summer with your jewellery!

Mollie Isabella 






























No comments:

Post a Comment