Thursday 26 June 2014

Swimwear Sensation

Here is a little fact for you- my biggest phobia is flying. So as much as luxurious sunshine, cocktails by the pool and sandy beaches sounds divine- I do not look forward to my holiday one bit until I have touched down on the runway. It sounds so ungrateful, I know but to me flying is so in humane.

To get me through the dread I turn the nightmare of going away into an excuse to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothing-those bright neon tops, funky shades and that oversized beach bag. I flick through the stuff I have and realise my swimwear collection is non-existent-time to start the swimwear shopping which is never usually a treat. This year do I dare to bare and wear an itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikini? Or do I get a swimming costume? What about the tankini option?

*breathe*

As I enter River Island I assume that the day is going to be stressful. I'm looking for a swimming costume, something suitable but stylish. As I walk through the store, I spot out the corner of my eye a costume that to me looks like perfection. I hurry over there crossing my fingers, my toes, in fact anything that can be crossed in a hope that they have my size. 
I pick up the swimming costume in a size 8 and glare at it in disgust. I literally couldn't even fit one knocker in there. Size 10 isn't much of an improvement but I take it into the fitting room along with a 12 hopeful that one of them will fit. I always find it hard with a swimming costume. If you’re top heavy and have a tiny waste you have to try and squeeze them in or if you’re blessed with curves but no boobs then you have to hope that they don’t pop out. 

I squeeze into the ten-yeah this isn't going to work. I slip into the 12 and a tear forms in my eye- IT FITS. IT FITS.

I do the wiggle test- it passes. I do the jump test-it passes. I look side on-it passes. I look for hidden features- detachable straps and under wire. I look at the price tag- gulp. £30! £30 for a swimming costume?!

Okay, pull yourself together Mollie. I evaluate the situation. It’s stunning, it passes every test possible and I do have the cash in my purse. Okay, I need no more persuading- SOLD.



So here is the result. It’s a gorgeous white swimming costume with black detailing including a mesh panel around the middle. I have gone against everything I ever believed 1-never wear white in general because I'm too pale 2-never wear a white piece of swimwear due to the fact they’re prone to go see through. 


The black panelling down the side causes this amazing illusion and the under wire and tightening straps offer full support. Putting this swimming costume on made me feel amazing and in my eyes it was definitely worth the (gulp) £30 price tag that was hanging from it. It also comes in a gorgeous bikini version if you prefer a two piece to a one.




Here I've paired with some cute baby pink jelly shoes coming it at only £9.99 from New Look and a pair of black and subtle gold sunglasses from Camden Market priced at £7.50 all that is missing is a beach bag but I'm awaiting to find the perfect one.  



Okay, so once I get passed the whole flight situation I can not wait to get into this outfit and sunbathe woo!

Thanks for reading, 

Mollie Isabella


















No comments:

Post a Comment