Thursday 19 June 2014

Take your pick, casual or dressy

As I sit here staring at a blank screen, it has suddenly become apparent to me what writers block is. As I longingly want to turn my passion into something more than just a couple of saved documents on this old battered laptop I attempt to start writing a blog. Five days later I'm still attempting to kick start a blog. So here I am staring at a blank document again. 

***

As I search through my wardrobe and listen to Bastille’s Bad Blood album for inspiration, a light bulb moment occurs, causing this massive brain wave kind of thing that draws me to the fact I have nothing to wear next Saturday for an evening wedding party (well I'm sure I do have something I could rustle up but seriously it’s an excuse to purchase a new garment-eeeee!) However with only £6.42p to my name it’s looking like I will only be able to afford a new pair of socks-sigh-another light bulb moment, have no fear, tomorrow is pay day meaning I can shop to my heart’s content (within reason).


Below I have selected 5 different pieces from different stores that could really work for an evening wedding party. With questions a brewing in my mind- Will it be casual or smart? What’s the overall feel of the night? What kind of look do I want to go for? I've gone for an approach and picked items that can easily be dressed up or down to ensure they’d work perfectly no matter what the turn out might be. 


Fearne Cotton’s clothing range for Very never fails to amaze me. With the unique prints and shapes the items are right up my street-with the option to pay monthly as well, it sounds so appealing. As soon as I came across this magnificent playsuit I fell in love. I couldn't work out whether it was due to the musty grey base colour, the clashing of the burnt orange, the exquisite detail or the relaxed fit-whatever it was it made me want this item immediately. Now the playsuit in itself is a massive statement piece and can be worn either smart or casual-considering I will be on the dance floor I want to go for comfort on my feet and would pair this playsuit with a pair of caged black pumps. However for a more dressy night out, black platforms would turn this classy, gorgeous item into a stop and stare, luxurious piece. At £50 it is quite steep in price but it is gorgeous, so I can compromise. 


Miss Guided this summer is spot on especially with the dresses- there’s every shade of pastel, bursts of neon and style upon style of unique fashion statement dresses that will tailor to your every need. I've had my eye on this dress for ages now-drawn to it due to the bold asymmetric detailing. I cannot wear white due to my skin tone which resembles, let’s put it blankly, milk. White washes me out and this always causes me to go for dark colours. However I want my clothing to reflect the gorgeous bright sunshine that we have surprisingly been getting lately. The length looks respectable and the high neck adds a sophisticated and classy touch. Due to the dress being extremely feminine I would pair with some ‘barely there heels’ either black or white or to clash tie in another pastel colour-mint blue for example. At £24.99 it’s a bargain. 



Jumpsuit + Jade Green = extremely hot. This is a classic item that I could see entering each and every season- imagine a Christmas party, add some sparkle and heels, imagine on holiday with a pair of gladiators and clashing nail polish-worth it, worth it, worth it. The simplistic design allows this outfit to be versatile- minimal jewellery and flats means you can wear it casually. However paired with a chunky gold necklace and some black platform heels and you've transformed the outfit into a whole new look. For the wedding I would mix up both casual and dressy, combing the statement jewellery with a pair of flats-painting my toe nails a bright clashing colour. The outfit is so simple yet smart and with the many ways it can be worn, definitely worth £45.


Here I welcome you to my favourite colour of the moment-mint green which New Look has smashed with the floral sequin embellishment to accompany. The cross over spaghetti straps and the wider opening at the bottom add a feminine feel-no detail is forgotten with this item. Again I have chosen an item that can be put with many other garments- the top in itself is a statement piece, so do what you wish with it, whether you pair with a pencil skirt, smart trousers, jeans or even a maxi skirt for a more relaxed feel. This glamorous item is bang on trend-hitting the pastel shade, cami style and the floral pattern all in one. At £30 it is within my price range; an item that I am definitely interested in buying. 


The final item comes from Prettylittlething.com and is this gorgeous chiffon floral dress which has a racer front, leading to it being tied in a bow at the back. This is a dress that speaks for itself. It doesn't need jewellery to jazz it up. With its classic shape, expensive looking material and on trend floral print this is a dress that is definitely going to get you compliments. If like me you love to wear heeled boots all year round, then this is a dress that would work with them. If not you have endless options, this is a dress that would work with both flats and heels. At £22 you don’t even need to have an excuse to purchase- it is by far great value for money.



So there we have it, my first ever blog and five stunning items that can be both smart and casual.


Thank-you very much for reading. 

Mollie Isabella 






No comments:

Post a Comment