Sunday 22 February 2015

I'm a walking mixture of shades.

 I have always had a huge indescribable love for red telephone boxes. Something so classic, yet not appreciated enough. Maybe it is the beauty within the colour, striking and sophisticated, who knows? Whatever it is, my dream house would feature one in the front garden.

***
I am getting quite worried with the fact that every item of clothing I buy is either white, black or grey. I am a walking mixture of shades with only my lips injecting a bit of colour. Okay, there is always the argument as to whether black or white are colours, but they're not featured within the rainbow, so that is enough justification for me. There is just something so stand out about monochrome and I seriously enjoy wearing it. I think that point is backed up with the fact I mention the trend at least once every blog post but until the summer, I refuse to let go.


I normally avoid horizontal stripes, due to the fact they seem to stretch your body out. However that didn't even cross my mind when my eyes spotted these wonderful black and white scalloped hem shorts. I literally have nothing in my wardrobe that can even compare to them so it was a definite risk, one that I am very glad I have taken. They are an item that can be worn all year round, now with black garments and in the summer with a brightly coloured top and bag. They're a definite wardrobe must have in my eyes. 

As soon as I saw this black wrap front top on the rail, my mind instantly paired it with the shorts. I sometimes find that wrap tops can reveal a bit too much but I must say that the shape and material of this top, make it perfectly suitable. It is the definition of a perfect finishing touch and I will definitely be getting my wear out of it. It also comes in a thicker light grey version, and a thin dark grey version. Due to the bold V neck, I didn't think a necklace was necessary so instead paired with some statement blue and silver earrings. 



For ages I have searched for a plain black handbag that would compliment any outfit. The answer lies within this gorgeous relaxed box shaped beauty, which comes with two straps. Sometimes you need the bag as the main centrepiece but here I have managed to find an effortlessly versatile bag that can be both a statement but subtle when you need it to be. With three separate compartments, it is also very practical. Who can complain at such a handy, all round perfect bag?


With the natural light, providing me with no 'flattering' close up's of my make up and earrings, I went back to selfie central AKA my bathroom to try and capture the shot. These earrings manage to spruce up an outfit-added to a simple tee and jeans combination and they cause an instant transformation. The light pastel shades also compliment the blonde in my hair. On my eyes, I have gone for a flick, slightly higher than usual and made my lashes as long as possible to try and achieve the false lash effect. I have never found a mascara that works as well as this and I highly recommend that you get it. The link and name is below. My lips are covered in a gorgeous shade of red. Due to the cutback of colour in the outfit, red lips were a must.

Clothes:
Striped Scalloped Hem Shorts- £8 Primark
Black 'Boxy' Bag- £8 Primark
Black Wrap Top- £12.99 New Look
Statement Earrings- £3.00 (Sale) Accessorize
Shoes were originally from New Look. However they are no longer sold in there. Replica's can now be found in Primark

Makeup:
L'oreal Colour Riche Pure Red BLAKE- £6.99 Superdrug (Available in most makeup stores)
Eyeliner Pencil Barry M- £2.99 Superdrug (Available in most makeup stores)
Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner Pen- £5.99 Superdrug (Available in most makeup stores)
L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess Mascara- £10.99 Boots (Available in most makeup stores)

Thank-you for reading another monochrome themed blog. I am sure that as soon as the bright bolds hit our stores, I will fall in love with another trend! Hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing.

Mollie Isabella
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment