Monday 18 August 2014

Girl in Gingham

I opened up the photo album and was met with a musty smell, an old, worn out kind of smell but homely at the same time. Displayed neatly across the pages were black and white photos of my Nan wearing some amazing outfits. Boxed dresses, silky shirt and skirt combinations, not one hair out of place hair styles and amazing thick rimmed glasses. I couldn't quite believe how sophisticated, smart and chic my Nan looked in every photo.

It was clear to see that watching women in Hollywood films definitely inspired my Nan. There was a metallic skirt which looked super shiny. The ever so fashionable high waisted bikini on the beach paired with platform sandals. And the most classic of them all- a box dress, small heel and beehive combination that summed up the swinging 60's. I so wish that my Nan had kept all her clothes as it would mean that I could dress in the actual classics as opposed to a new updated version.
***
However my brown eyes sourced out a gorgeous box dress in my all time favourite River Island within the Chelsea Girl section. I flicked through the rail until I stumbled across a black and white gingham box dress with velvet detail. It ticked all the boxes (no I didn't need it but yes I wanted it!) So I went out on a little shoot and paired the dress with my beautiful white small heels and a beige and burgundy cute handbag-Here are the results. 










I absolutely love everything about this dress and it is something that can be worn in both the summer and the winter. I'm thinking of adding some chunky thick tights, boots and a long sleeve underneath for more cooler days but for now I'll enjoy wearing it bare legged with a sandal type shoe.

Would love to know what you think of it, please comment below!

Dress- From River Island
Shoes and Earrings from Primark
Choker-New Look
Bag- Camden Market


Thank-you for reading, 

Mollie Isabella 
x


No comments:

Post a Comment