Tuesday 12 August 2014

I even shop in the sky.

After having an extremely busy week, going to London to see Matilda, Birmingham to see Ant and Dec's Live tour, attending a Mummy Shower, working, shopping and catching up with my best friend, writing a post has been pretty much near impossible. This does mean though I have a lot to talk about this week, with all my new purchases etc.

To kick off this week I am going to speak about my new beauty buys, which for me is extremely rare. I am not one to venture out and try new styles of make-up, once I am happy with my look I stick with it. If someone asked me to create a smoky eye or apply foundation I would be screwed because quite frankly I'm not blessed in being talented with make-up. My make-up routine includes, attempting a flick on my eye lid approximately 5 times per morning, layering on the mascara and applying one of my many lipsticks to compliment my outfit. Anyway lets start with my recent buys which have all be tried and tested so I can tell you more about them!

The first items I present to you here were purchased at approximately 35,000 feet in the air, over a warm country, soaring high above the cotton wool clouds below. I love flicking through the catalogues on an aeroplane and making a cheeky purchase. This was not a cheeky purchase though, this was a MASSIVE  bargain-four different shades of Kate Moss lipsticks for an amazing £12. 


Each and every shade manages to compliment my skin, which is not something I can usually say. My favourite out of the four so far is shade #03. It is not a colour that I would have ever picked up on the shelf but it goes with everything and looks really smart. I definitely recommend this colour if you want a more subtle shade that still creates an impact. I love Kate Moss lipsticks because they enable my lips to be bold but still remain moisturised and soft all day. 

The second lot of items I have were also purchased high above the clouds, for yet again a brilliant price. Overall for the three separate products I only spent £16.Mascara and eye-liner are both necessities in my life and without applying them I would not leave the house. Eye make-up for me is a massive confidence boost. For £16 I got two tubes of Loréal Million Lashes Excess and a Colour Riche Le Khól in black.

I am extremely happy with these products overall. The mascara enables my eyes to look effortlessly sophisticated, creating long, spread out lashes without any clumps. The eye liner, is thick and bold and the pencil is so soft it makes applying it very easy. I heavily recommend this product to anyone. 

Whenever I need a nail varnish I head straight over to the Maybelline section and purchase a Colour Show nail polish due to the quick drying polish and amazing array of colours they have to offer. Grey nail polishes tend to be quite 'wishy washy' so I was pleasantly surprised when I painted #288 Cool Touch onto my nails. It was the exact colour I had wanted. I then had to buy #04 Alley Attitude which is a top coat that includes bright blue and black flecks. The plain grey was £2.99 and the top coat was £3.99. 


I am so in love with the top coats and know I will end up buying them in every different variation avaliable. If you want a good nail polish that is long lasting, then honestly head straight over to Maybelline and take your pick at the Colour Show options. 

The final item is one that I have now purchased a couple of times due to the fact it works so well and lasts all day. I wanted to try a gel liner for ages to see if it was easier to apply than the original eye liner that I used and I was extremely impressed with the results. I decided on Barry M Gel Waterproof Eyeliner because it was within my price limit at £5.49. The eye liner is thick and the small brush makes flicks much easier. 


It's fast drying, easy to apply and creates both thick and thin flicks much easier than some previous products I have used. I will definitely be sticking to this exact gel liner for my top lids. It is a good price and fits perfectly into my make-up bag. 

Well there you go, I hope you enjoyed and try out some of these amazing products. I always start off with a short blog but get so carried away when I type, I need to learn to shorten my blabber. 

Thank-you for reading, 
Mollie Isabella 



No comments:

Post a Comment