Thursday 27 August 2015

Inside My Bedroom...

The four small walls of my bedroom, have seen and heard a lot (metaphorically-my walls are not alive!) From the dreadful hairbrush singing, to the "I have nothing to wear" tantrums, the tossing and turning when I could not sleep, the gossip from sleepovers and the time I drew on my Winnie the Pooh rug, aged 4 and blamed it on my brother, woops.
It is fair to say my room has grown with me and has experimented with its appearance a fair few times. From wonderful matching borders, to a Punky Fish ensemble, my poor room has been the victim to some awful accessorizing.

There is only so much you can do with a room that consists of a wardrobe that can't budge and a bed that won't fit anywhere else. Stuck with the same layout in my room, since I could sleep in a single bed, it was beginning to get very tedious. So everything has remained in the same position, however my humble abode has had a severe make-over. Be gone the white tac, picture splattered walls, cluttered shelves and make-up stained carpet!

This time I have gone for a fresh feeling, happy environment. Through the use of light colours, white accessories and a couple of cute plants my room is now a place, I actually enjoy spending time in.

Yes I admit it, I tidied it all, especially for you.


 Sometimes you just need little positive quotes to get you through the day- positioned perfectly on my door, so I see them when I exit. I'm still trying to find the perfect item to hang from the owl door hooks!
All three items from a bespoke shop in my town- Fifth Corner (Items may be able to be sourced from Sass and Belle)


I've always wanted a throw at the end of my bed. It makes your room all the more cosy. I love the patchwork throws available but searched long and hard to find the perfect pastel theme one. It has a wonderful scallop hem and now you can purchase matching pillows!
Patchwork Throw-Primark £17.00


I have really enjoyed sourcing cushions from all over the place, visualizing what it will all look like in my head and being overly satisfied with the results. I know cushions like this should be for display only, but the blue cushion is the reason for many comfy nights sleep! 
"All you need is love" cushion-Asda £7/8.00
Fluffy heart cushion-Primark £3.00
Bunting cushion cover- Dunelm £5.00
Blue cushion- Ikea £6.00

I wanted my cushions to be the focal point so went for a plain white duvet with simple lace detailing. It isn't the most practical colour for a duvet but it looks super chic when crisp white. 
Lace trim duvet-Primark £11.00 



I've always been one to take pictures wherever I go. They capture a split second and allow you to keep it forever. Half of my bedroom walls were filled to the brim with photo's but I felt it started to look scruffy, with the peeling edges and discoloured images. I needed a way to continue displaying my favourite pictures and what was better than a piece of string and cute crafty pegs?
Pegs- Hobbycraft £1.00
String-Hobbycraft £3.00



Yay, I created a feature wall. I loved the idea of using mismatched frames to create a centerpiece. I really love the idea of different sizes, colours, textures and styles but I wanted my feature wall to be predominately white to match my theme. I kept the patterns subtle and hope to build on it as the months go on. 
Wooden heart frame-Matalan £3.00
Love frame-Asda £2.00
Cut out floral frame-Ikea £4.00 each
Pink and grey floral frame-Ikea £4.00
Rope frame-Dunelm £4.99 sale  
Selection of plain white frames- Ikea £2.00-£4.00



Another main element of my room, is the decoration on my bedside table. The main feature is the stunning flash camera lamp. It was the first thing I got for my room and is such a unique and bold piece. My love for cacti is also displayed. I do not know what gave me the idea to put a cactus in a polar bear mug but I love the juxtaposition! 
Black camera lamp- Debenhams £55.00
Polar bear mug-Debenhams £7.00 
Glass milk bottle-Ikea 60p-£1.00
Orange flower- Wilkinson's 60p-£1.00
Cactus in pot-Wilkinson's £1.50
White shelf-Ikea £2.00
"Enjoy the little things" glass picture-Bespoke home ware shop £2.00

There is a tiny gap between my drawers and mirror, which is the perfect place to store some things ( I have so much, every possible storage element in my room, is filled to the brim). Here is just a little mishmash of items, that i think look quite nice together. 
Ed Sheeran "A visual Journey"- Tesco's £9.99
"The Curious Baretender"- Birthday Present 
2015-2016 diary-Tesco's £1.25
"I have the simplest tastes" box-Fifth Corner (bespoke shop) £6.00 sale
Tea light holder-Primark £1.50
Tea bag holder (used as a ring dish)-Dunelm £1.99

Perfect picture to put inside a television box. "Let me out!"
Television box photo frame- Pink Squirrel (bespoke shop) £1.00 sale
Button M- Handmade



I needed somewhere in my room that I could put a mirror and add some other little items. I found this wonderful little stall and let it all take shape from there. This gorgeous parrot vase is going to be for my uni room but I couldn't leave it in storage till then.
Dark wood stall- Ikea £20.00
Converse Plant-A gift 
Wooden M-Matalan £3.00
White framed mirror-Matalan £8.00
Pin up doll pot-Asda £3.00
Parrot Vase-Marks and Spencers £29.50
Floral folder-Tescos £2.00
Cactus Pen- Ale-Hop (in Spain) approx. £1.50


The newest edition to my room (my room has been almost ready since May) is this wonderful cream 3D rose light. I would love to have a HUGE chandelier but my room is far too small. This is the perfect substitute, it's subtle and pretty! 
Rose lampshade- Dunelm £9.99

The final item is this tiny plaque that my Mum bought me the other day. It is such a strong message to send to someone. I may be going to Uni and facing a number of challenges but the most important thing is to bee myself. I love the bright yellow background and bee pun, as lame as it is!
Bee plaque-Sass and Belle £1.99


I took a slight gamble blogging about something else, so I hope you enjoyed it! I will be doing another 'tour' of homeware items once I have moved into my uni room. Thank-you for reading yet again...

Mollie Woodley 

xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment