Thursday 6 August 2015

Inside My Suitcase.


Now that I have worked full time, I can fully appreciate the whole idea of having a 'relaxing' holiday. Spending all day, every day, floating in the blissful pool, escaping into a Gillian Flynn book. There is something so pleasing and satisfying about laying on your back, ears dipped into the water so all sounds are muffled, eyes fixed on the gorgeous clear blue sky, just letting time pass. Of course until, a vicious looking wasp or a strange looking bug the size of a 'bird' dive bombs at your face causing you to splash around in a complete panic, all relaxation lost for those split seconds as you debate whether being abroad is really for you (okay, slightly extreme but I have a huuuuge fear of bugs!)

Dotted around the outside of the villa are gorgeous fuchsia flowers, those trees that look like giant pineapples (as you can tell by my descriptions, I'm not exactly a gardener) mixed with my favourite of all, CACTUSES (or cacti if you would prefer). The perfect scenery for a blog. However, and I am not complaining, the heat was just not right for posing and instead I have resorted to simple outfit pictures to show you the items that I wore, a little insight into my summer wardrobe.

The first outfit is this beautiful cobalt blue dress with a crochet top detail. This was originally from the Christmas collection in H & M, however they restocked it again around spring time, unfortunately for double the price! Paired with my ever so comfy tan sandals, simple gold beaded choker and some over sized red shades for a casual evening look. I love the look of the dress, despite it being such a simple and classic shape, the detailed top makes it a wonderful piece for a night out. Cobalt blue also looks lovely with white, a perfect look for a summer wedding.




The next outfit is almost fully Primark and was quite a gamble as I mixed different patterns/textures together. It was far too hot for a short sleeved top, however with tender burnt shoulders it was a must. I love this red crochet crop because it works with so much and these scallop shorts were the perfect material for the heat, allowing the more autumn monochrome look to still work in the summer. These lovely lace up espadrilles, were yet again a wonderfully comfy pair of shoes. Paired with a black crop top and some 'dangly' earrings this was an oddly thrown together outfit, that seemed to work- I hope you think so too! 





Outfit number three is my favourite of the holiday. It is just so different to what I would normally wear. I mean who has ever seen me in a floaty, midi skirt? No one. Until this very day. This gorgeous leaf print skirt was a BARGAIN from H & M and is such a great length for petite people who still want to wear this length without looking silly. The skirt is the statement piece, therefore accessories were minimal- a simple black cami top, gold metal detailed belt, square black bag and my black laced espadrilles! I am so eager to find this exact skirt in plain black-just think of the possibilities! Thank you H & M for this wonderful creation! 



Black cami, available in almost all clothing shops!


Outfit number four also included a gamble piece, as I went for yet again another midi length piece. The thing is, this piece also included a lot of light shades, something I tend to avoid because of my skin tone. However I instantly fell in love with the relaxed fit and split sides by the legs. It has such a gorgeous pattern on it as well, not the classic summer prints. Teamed with my wonderful white leather gap sandals, it all matched pretty well! I am of course gutted to see the dress in the sale now as I have only worn it once! I really recommend that you try different lengths that you may not usually feel comfortable in. I have been so pleased lately and feel like I have opened a whole new door, roll on my midi length wardrobe, haha. 




Clashing patterns is never really something I have done before. However due to the blue element that both pieces have I decided to try it out and I was pleased with the results for outfit number five. This top has gold chain straps and is such a wonderful material. I love the striking pattern. The A line skirt, with popper buttons is a piece that I originally regretted pulling the tag out of. As it sat in my wardrobe I wandered when I would wear it (it is slightly shorter than I would like). It worked so well with the top though, I let the top of my thighs see some sunshine for once! Paired with a simple anchor necklace and my tan shoes to complete the look. 


Tan Sandals- £15.99 Forever 21
Anchor Necklace- From a stall in Spain

It is the return of the fringed maxi skirt that was featured in last years summer blog. It is a piece that I keep falling back in love with each year. I do not tend to keep clothes for years but this is a piece I refuse to throw away. I mean, it might just be me being paranoid but I am sure people stare at me and question what on earth is she wearing but I refuse to care because I love it. Paired with this cute summer hat (which was far too hot to keep on), a simple black cami, the metal belt featured previously and those recurring tan sandals this is one of my favourite holiday looks! 



Sandals as above
Black Cami avaliable in most clothing stores
Belt as mentioned previously
Fringed Skirt- £9.99 (a long while ago) New Look -(SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND)


The final outfit featured on this blog, made me feel rather girly thanks to this white, red and green floral dress. It has a low-ish back and a tie along the top to add some extra detailing. I loved this floral range from H & M and also own the layered crop top in this print. There were so many lovely pieces including a backless jumpsuit and some side split flared trousers! Paired with some striking red lips and this gorgeous green wicker bag, this was a lovely cool evening outfit for the 30-40 degree heat! 



Green Wicker Bag- Purchased from a stall in Spain (SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND)


If there was something I learnt this holiday in terms of fashion it is to experiment and gamble more and not care what people think. At the end of the day it is you wearing the clothes and feeling comfortable in them-so do it! I really hope you enjoyed this post!

Wear what you want and feel great in it!
Thank-you for reading!

Mollie Isabella

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment