Monday 2 November 2015

Please take me to the 1960's.

There is a huge part of me that wishes we all had to dress like they did in the 60's. That the only thing River Island and New Look stocked were shift dresses and we all asked our hairdressers for the beehive. Effortlessly we could all walk around with our matching dress and boot combination, white eyeliner and big earrings. However, it is 2015. Could you imagine the looks I would get if I turned up to a lecture with a humongous beehive do, some white boots and a cute green and blue checkered dress-I dread to think.

Luckily though, like with most things, the 60's look is coming back but with the added spin of the 21st century. Think mini skirts, knee high boots and bold prints! Now that I go to university, my shopaholic and spending ways have been put on hold. No longer can I go for huge hauls, or just buy something whenever I feel like it. Instead, I have to save up and be strict. It was all going so well until a trip to Forever 21 in the Bullring sent my shopping senses wild. When I saw this dress it was one of those moments where you see something and there is practically a glowing light around it, drawing you in. Never do I end up buying the first thing I see, until the very moment I handed it over at the counter and spent my food shop money on a dress. Walking out, swinging the neon pink bag by my side, I realised that realistically this was a good purchase because there is no other item like this in my wardrobe and it also gives me the excuse to blog, woo!



I must admit though, it was £19.00 well spent, £17.10 after student discount (perks, perks!). In this outfit, it is teamed with a long sleeved top underneath, because all of a sudden the temperature has drastically dropped and just a sleeveless dress will not do. However as it starts to get warmer, it will work perfectly on its own. Paired with knee high socks and ankle boots, in some ways gives off the impression of knee high boots (sigh I'm too poor to own any right this mo, also too short. Can short people wear them too?) but it would also work well with some heels, chunky or thin depending on your 'walking in heels' ability, which for me is almost non existent. I finished the look with my cute Camden Market burgundy and beige satchel.





I have always been prone to rosy cheeks, literally throughout the whole year. One time, I was asked why I wore so much blusher. Blusher? My friend, this is natural. As I started exiting the grounds I could feel a burning freezing sensation on my cheeks. My fingers numb from the cold. This is Autumn. Isn't it crazy how fast this year has gone, how we are in yet another Autumn, soon to be a Christmas soon to be a new year. As I walked along the grass, my feet causing the fallen leaves to crunch, my eyes clocked onto the cute little squirrel scurrying in the distance. I then spotted another five, me and my Dad were suddenly the minority, this did not feel cool. One day I will grow up, one day I shall like animals I am sure and one day I will blog fear free, aha!



The last thing I want to mention is my super cute Lucky Little Acorn necklace. The message and idea behind the item is so wonderful and it was brought for me as a good luck for uni present by my boyfriend. You can get them personalised with names or initials and it is such a wonderful present, the perfect idea for a Christmas present. They are available on both a short and long chain and in a keyring style and I seriously recommend you get one. I wear mine with literally everything. Follow the link shown below to find out more about the product!

Dogtooth Dress- £19.00 Forever 21
Ankle Boots- Primark £10.00
Acorn Necklace- £12.00 Lucky Little Acorns
Knee High Socks available in most high street retailers.
Bag, a bespoke shop at Camden Market.

Thank-you for reading, 

Mollie Isabella 

xx






No comments:

Post a Comment