Monday 7 December 2015

5 Favourite Clothing Pieces: November

I love fashion all year round but most in the autumn and winter. With all the layering, patterns and deep colours on offer our wardrobes get a complete transformation. I feel that this time of year allows you to be so casually sophisticated. Below I have chosen my five favourite items from November (that are all still in store now) that will see me throughout the whole of Christmas. 

Enjoy! (Please excuse the quality of the images, it was getting progressively darker outside by the second!)

"Rupert the Bear"


The name comes from the fact my Dad calls me Rupert the Bear every time I wear it. This scarf is a winter must have from the gorgeous traditional red tartan to the size, I cannot fault the piece. It is the perfect scarf for shopping because it isn't too thick and if you do get hot, it folds neatly into a bag, unlike last years favourite: the blanket scarf. Red is an excellent colour for the Christmas season and teamed with a black jumper or coat, it is bold and striking and manages to finish a look. For the amazing price of £5.99 it is affordable, bang on trend and an excellent stocking filler!

Coat me in classic 


Of course there was going to be a Primark item, somewhere on this list. Each year, I put myself through the stress of buying a new winter coat. However this year, one shop and I was happy. This gorgeous coat is such a simplistic and classic shape. Due to the removable collar you get two coats in one. The faux fur collar adds the extra winter look, whilst bare the coat is smart and sophisticated. This is definitely a staple piece in my wardrobe! It isn't the thickest of coats but works wonders when I commute as you don't need a thick heavy thing to lug around. I have received numerous compliments on this garment and for £28.00 I couldn't be happier.

Parade them pom poms


When looking for a pair of knee high boots, I accidentally stumbled across these wonderful creations. I have wanted a pair of pom pom shoes for a while now, but never found a pair to suit my wardrobe. I have altered these slightly by cutting off one pom pom per shoe, I felt a little too snazzy, but now I love them and parade with pride. They are such a lovely heel height with wonderful lace up detailing and a gorgeous suede effect for an effortless chic feel. Thanks to a student discount day I got these for £32.00 but they retail at £40.00. Slightly pricey but a lovely pair of shoes perfect for both casual and dressy events.

Be bold in burgundy


I could probably put this item down to an accidental buy but the fact I was looking suggests I wanted to find a new item for my wardrobe. Amazingly I managed to get this dress with 30% off and then a further 10% discount, bargain! I'm really into dresses at the moment. They're so easy to wear, just throw on one item and you're practically ready to go. This dress is actually from the petite section and I love the fit; it is the perfect length for my shortness. It washes excellently, oh and another bonus, it doesn't need ironing! It's a high neck, body-con, burgundy piece that is perfect for this season.

Make it metallic 


I have always loved box bags, they're such a lovely little addition to an outfit and their structure causes them to stand out. What better way to have a stand out bag for this season than a little metallic number? This mirror metallic bag comes in silver, black, gold and pink and is perfect for the party season. Tiny it may be, but I managed to fit all my essentials in it. Have it with the strap for a shoulder bag, much easier for dancing, or pop the strap inside and have it as a clutch, perfect for posing in pictures! At only £15.99 it is a lovely, affordable addition to the bag collection. 

So there you have it, my five favourite, perfect for the season, affordable items. Once again , apologies for the image quality turns out going into your back garden at 4:30pm on a cloudy day doesn't provide the best lighting. None the less, you can see the items I guess and that is the main thing.

Mollie Isabella 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment